Thursday, March 14, 2019

New Order: 1981-1982 (1982)

This EP arrived in November of '82, It contains five tracks, including both sides of New Order's second single: Procession and Everything's Gone Green, now with an apostrophe. A I mentioned previously, the second single had only ever released as a 7". I have never really been interested in 7" singles, though I have a box of them from various artists. Let me just copy what the Discog's entry says, so I don't get it wrong:

"Released in November 1982, it compiles the two tracks from New Order's second 7" single ("Procession" and "Everything's Gone Green") from September 1981, as well as "Hurt" and a longer 12" version of "Temptation", taken from the third single, released in April 1982. "Mesh" was taken from the 1981 Benelux 12" Everythings Gone Green."

I hope that the above is correct. So, there are five tracks, and they certainly sound different from Movement, so it seems to suggest a direction picked up by the following LP, Power Corruption & Lies with no commas at all.

No comments: