Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Did you know that there is a town in Newfoundland called Dildo? I wonder how it is that I got this far in life without knowing that. This is perhaps the most fascinating piece of information to come my way in the last decade.

I cycled past a street busker playing the violin on my way home last night. Bizarrely, he was playing the Chicken Dance. Now, there is a composition that one normally hears only at wedding receptions, and it is generally those receptions that take place in church basements with very low ceilings. The last basement reception I went to featured the Chicken Dance and the Macarena, along with some pretty funky, and quite rural, line dancing

I've been 647ed. I changed cell phones and providers, for many reasons, and I am now stuck with a 647 area code. Suddenly, I feel like Elaine Benes. You know, she gets a number with a new area code, and then finds out that a woman in her building has died... I could go on, but if I really shouldn't have to explain Seinfeld to you. By the way, it's coming soon on DVD.

Damn, now I have the Chicken Dance playing in my head.

Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hee hee - i found this on the web about Dildo, NFLD:

"The town's name has attracted certain amounts of attention. The name may derive from a place name in Spain or Portugal; the name of a tree; or the shape of the headland.

Residents of Dildo are called Dildoians."

Ha. Dildoians. must sound even funnier with the accent.
CMF | 08.17.04 - 10:13 am