Monday, March 28, 2005

The Kilt

Despite being half Scottish, I do not own a kilt, nor have I ever worn one. I think that is a serious oversight. Of course, they are expensive garments and, let's be honest, unless you are Prince Charles, how often does one really get a chance to wear a kilt, especially in Canada? And then, there is the whole issue of whether or not to "go commando."

Anyway, I am a bit miffed at the University of Cambridge. The administration has banned Scottish students from wearing kilts at graduation ceremonies. In truth, they have also banned other national dress and armed forces uniforms. This strikes me as remarkably intolerant. But, I wonder if it has something to do with that infamous picture of the Queen and the 1st Battalion of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders?

In other news, who will ever eat at Wendy's again (link)?

Update

This woman has dropped the suit against Wendy's. According to one story I read, she has a history of making legal claims against corporations, including General Motors and a restaurant in Las Vegas.

Technorati tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend going commando at least once...it is very freeing, although for guys it is a bit more of an event...