Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A Mixture of Things

One)

It was one of those meetings where the question "where do you see yourself in ten years" came up. I wanted to say that I hoped to win a lottery and that I would be indulging my materialistic and hedonistic fantasies in several parts of the globe. You know: cars, houses, condos, toys, devices, useless things, objets d'art, travel, wine & chocolate for breakfast, wearing a silk dressing gown all day, a maid & butler service, a chauffeur, a live-in masseuse, parrots, things made of precious metals, jacuzzis, did I mention electronic thingys?, video phones, bean bag chairs, a pear tree, and cherries any time I want.

Instead, I gave a vague answer. "Oh, I don't really know. I'm just trying to do the best job I can in my current job." It seems I'm on someone's list as a candidate for a job no one wants.

Two)

This reminds me of Star Wars (for some reason). Qatar is replacing boy camel jockeys with robots. Yes, you read that right. In all seriousness, these child jockeys are really slaves. So, instead of using small willing people, Qatar did the obvious thing: they switched to robots. All riders will be robots by 2007.

Three)


Believe it or not, April 20th is Look Alike Day. (Yesterday was garlic day; tomorrow is kindergarten day). I'm looking forward to Friday, 'cause it's National Jelly Bean Day. Oh, and April 30th is Hairstyle Appreciation Day. Seems like a good day for a haircut. Of course, these days have American origins. I want to know if there's a bacon day.

Technorati Tags: , ,

4 comments:

Super Happy Jen said...

Over the last year I have had much experience answering that "where do you see yourself in X# of years" question. I have learned that it really doesn't matter which BS answer you give. They've already decided to give the job to an intern.

Anonymous said...

hee...wearing a silk dressing gown all day...would you become the next Hugh Hefner, I wonder...

Would you like a partridge in your pear tree? Well, maybe not with all those parrots flying around...

ShellyS said...

For the last five years and for the next five years, I get to answer that where do you see yourself in 10 years question with: Retired. ;)

zydeco fish said...

That's a fine answer.