Tuesday, May 10, 2005

More on Zombies & A Dream

Zombies

BBC News has reported that there has been a small outbreak of 'zombism' near the border of Laos in North-Eastern Cambodia that is caused by a new strain of malaria that has a 100% mortality rate. The report goes on to say:

"After death, this parasite is able to restart the heart of its victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believed to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during 'resurrection.'"

Wow. It's a good thing that I posted something about Zombies yesterday. I know what to do now.

A Dream

In other news, I had a very strange dream. I am reluctant to post any more dreams here, for fear that someone may be secretly psychoanalyzing me. If you are secretly psychoanalyzing me, please send me a full report on what you have found.

I have to report this dream because it is by far the most disturbing dream I have ever had. Continue reading only if you think you can handle the shocking details. I dreamt that I won tickets to Cavalia. The alarming part is that I accepted the tickets. In reality, I would have laughed at the idea. One would have to pay me very large sums of money to sit through that &^%$. Even more horrible is the fact that when I went to the show, I discovered that it was 35 hours long! I had to endure 35 hours of Cavalia! That's a whole work week. Thankfully, I woke up at that point.

I wonder what it means.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the second reference to that I've come across in as many days, so I had to Google it.

Oh.

Oh.

It's the Musical Ride on Acid. The Magical Mystery Tour with horses. Mio dio.

Moments like this, I'm glad I live in a backwater.

zydeco fish said...

You don't live in the backwater. Trust me.

Anonymous said...

Let me rephrase: I'm glad I live in a place that probably won't have this thing arrive.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes on the subway, when you look around at the people in your car, and the zoned out looks on their faces, you might mistake them for zombies...

What? You don't want to observe mystical unity which exists between man and beast? :)

Anonymous said...

In my neck of the woods the "mystical unity" between man and beast usually involves road kill.

Jay said...

Dude, I really hoped to never have to use that zombie advice. What are you doing to me?

Princess Wild Cow said...

Not knowing what Cavalia was, I clicked the link and think that having seen Equus on stage, I can pass on this.

zydeco fish said...

K, now that I think of it, there is quite a lot of road kill in your neck of the woods. But, seriously, I am opposed to the mystical union of man and beast and I am opposed to the Rolling Stones touring again. As Morrissey said, "Get off the stage!"

zydeco fish said...

Graveyard Alive does sound really weird. I shall have to seek it out.