Friday, September 16, 2005

Friday Time Killers

If you are staring at your computer, but don't want to do any work, I have some suggestions.

1) Listen to Jeff's podcasts at Perspicacity.

2) Play some videos games at Neopets. You have to register. Destruct-O-Match has a slight Tetris feel.

3) Watch public domain movies at the Internet Archive. You can stream Reefer Madness among other interesting films.

4) Search for your ancestors at this Mormon Genealogy site.

5) Give me opinions on good laptops. I am in the market for a laptop but am overwhelmed with selection. I guess I am looking for a lighter model that is easily portable, but not too small and wimpy. Any suggestions?

Technorati Tags: ,

11 comments:

hemlock said...

Who needs other Friday Time Wasters when I have your site to visit. Not that I'm wasting my time but...

Well now I've done it!

Just stoppin' by. Have a great weekend! I'm planning on doing not so much.

Critical Darling said...

Yes--Get a MAC! I was raised by devout PC people and I had no idea what I was missing until I was introduced to the wonderful world of Mac. Things like saving a file which disappears to some remote corner of your hard drive, never to return--those things don't happen on Macs. Because they're better. And that's just all there is to it. That being said, the 12 inch power book is probably the lightest/smallest (and most unwimpy) laptop you can find.

Liz said...

Just DO NOT buy from a company called US Rocket! They will rip you off.

mister anchovy said...

I think my ancestors would more likely be on the Balkan goatherders site than the Mormon geneology site for sure....

Dreama said...

I just bought (seriously, two nights ago)a new Dell Dimension 2200 laptop. I gave it lots of upgrades, and hope its going to be suitable. I own a Dell desktop now, and haven't spent much time on a laptop, so it should be interesting. Good luck in your search.

Anonymous said...

My next laptop will be from Alienware (I'm such the clone addict).

I'm considering pod-casting. Not sure.

Jay said...

So this is what normal people do on Fridays?

zydeco fish said...

Jay, are you saying that I am normal?

zydeco fish said...

I've thought about the iBook and the Powerbook, but they seem pricey to me. I don't doubt that they are far superior.

Anonymous said...

Oh don't go with Dell. I had a Dell before we changed to the IBM Thinkpads, and I hated the Dell. It always crashed on me...running out o memory. I used to keep it out on my desk wishing someone would steal it. I forget the one my friend bought, the Toshiba, but I think she's happy with it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.