Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Happy 71st Birthday Mr. Leonard Cohen

Dear Leonard,

Happy Birthday and good luck with all of your money and legal problems. I really hope you get a satisfactory arrangement. I'm so sorry that you have to keep working, rather than retiring. The truth is that I am quite happy that you have to keep on working. I am looking forward to the new album and the book too. Oh, and I promise to buy a ticket for your upcoming tour.

If you need a place to stay while in Toronto, just let me know. I am sure I can find a place for you to sleep. In the meantime, I plan to perfect the mixing of a Red Needle -- a drink you invented in Needles, California (tequila and cranberry, lemon and ice. The full measure). It was thirty years ago, "as I approached my forty-first birthday," you wrote.

Best wishes and see you in Toronto.

Sincerely,

a fan

Technorati Tags:

8 comments:

hemlock said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hemlock said...

I heard an amazing poem by Leonard Cohen on CBC last night. For the life of me, I can't even remember how it went. BUT, it was well written (duh!) and funny.

P.S. - Due to an inability to spell and string a sentence together, I deleted my previous comment.

mister anchovy said...

remember that house-guests are like fish...they start to smell after three days, so you can feel free to send him over to my place for a while too...

Anonymous said...

Could you mention that Duluth would certainly host and support him for a while, also.

"ME" Liz Strauss said...

Thanks for the tribute to Leonard Cohen. More people should know how much he has contributed to the worlds.

smiles,
Me-Liz

Jay said...

I don't know how people who make so much money can be as broke as I am. Ridiculous. But he's still a gem.

Kimberley said...

Leonard Schmeonard.

Cooper said...

Love him Love Him Love Him


Yeah tooo bad he has to keep working.

smirks