Monday, October 31, 2005

Aliens

I caught a bit of Aliens (I saw it once before) on the weekend, and I was left with a few observations.

1) Costume design got a bit lazy, if you ask me. Maybe it was a ost-cutting measure, but isn't the suit Paul Reiser is wearing a classic men's suit with the collar turned up at the back? I can't help but think that they gave Paul the part on the condition that he provide his own suit.

2) I kept thinking the Flock of Seagulls or The Thompson Twins every time Paul Reiser was in a scene. It's such a bad 80s hair style. I really thought that he was going to start singing Hungry Like the Wolf at any moment.

3) Most importantly, no one in their right mind would ever build an android that looks like Lance Henriksen:



I realize that he has a fascinating face, but for long trips into dark space, I can think of much better faces.

Happy Hallowe'en.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...the Lance Henricksen thing is fascinating. I know I wouldn't build an android that looked like Lance...

Now, the Winona Rider model in Alien 4...now, that's believable ;)

As for the Paul Reiser wardrobe malfunction, I can't understand how the whole popped collar fad has managed to rear its ugly head once again.

Anonymous said...

reiser was wearing a horrible toupee.
the collar...yes! is that supposed to be...Modern?
good film, though much different vibe than Ridley's original.

Anonymous said...

I saw that film on video or tv when I was around ten. It scared the hell out of me. I could think of better people to spend lonely space hours with though.

Anonymous said...

If you can believe it I have never seen the alien movies. Except part of alien three. And I did see Alien Vs. Predator. It was a cinematic triumph!

Anonymous said...

From the mythology of the series, the andriod is based on the founder of the company. He had them made to his likeness.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen any of the alien movies in whole or in part. I prefer zombies myself.

Anonymous said...

I've always been quite a fan of the whole Alien series. SO much so that I was fooled into watching a little classic called Alien Apocalypse.

Only Bruce Campbell's stellar acting ability saved it...

Anonymous said...

I love how I really learned nothing from this post. Should I watch themovie? Did you like it? Where has Paul Reiser been these past few years? Nope, nothing.

Anonymous said...

Jay: you should watch the movie. I did like it. Where has Paul Reiser been? Who cares? :-)

Anonymous said...

That is a cool movie!

I want to be a Space Marine!

Anonymous said...

I'd kill for a Lance Henrickson halloween mask! That would be some eerie sh.t !

-Santoro
monopolion