Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Librarians, My Fly, & The Diablo Red

After yesterday's post, I feel compelled to mention that I spent the entire day sitting next to a librarian called Marian. I am not joking. I met her two or three years ago. She is quite nice, and not the Marian stereotype at all. However, others in the crowd of 130 were rather Marianish. I still haven't decided what the male equivalent is called. Maybe Marvin or Larry or Harry would do.

On the cycle-in today, I had this unsettling feeling that my crotch was really cold. I blamed the minus 18 degree windchill, but when I arrived, I noticed once again that my fly was down. Hopefully, no damage was done.

I am not (and have never been) a metal head, although I have listened to my share of Iron Maiden and others - mostly from driving around in my cousins' souped up cars and looking for chics. I have to say that I found that embarrassing and never knew what to say to these young ladies. One of my cousins had all of the lines down, like "hey, girls, what's up" and "you wanna beer?" There was usually a cooler full in the back seat. Mercifully, we did not have a Mr. Microphone. Oh, and we struck out every single time, as you might expect.

Speaking of metal, The Diablo Red have a new album out. I know the drummer; I even went to his wedding. So, if this is your thing, check it out. You can listen to samples here.

Technorati Tags: , ,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think posts like this kill brain cells.

Anonymous said...

The male equivalent is Steve. And his sterotype thing is he snorts and stares at boobs. Constantly. Sometimes he doens't even look up when spoken to. Sometimes I wonder if he'd stroke out if I just crammed his face in them.
Anyway. Yeah. What Jay said.

Anonymous said...

Very humourous today. Was the conference on Humour and Librarians?

Anonymous said...

Jay: Sorry about that.

Running: No, it wasn't, but that's a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Hey ZF:

Do you have a pair of windbriefs?? Don't wanna get too personal here, but J swears by them. The one's he has are cut like a boxer brief, and he wears them skiing and cycling in the winter.

He got them at MEC I think...

As for your cousins...swoon...

Anonymous said...

Windbriefs? Never heard of such a thing.

Anonymous said...

Ah, well, there are librarians who really do fit the stereotype. Especially law librarians. Law librarians are really weird.

Anonymous said...

Um...special briefs with a special little patch to protect the special bits...

I mistook where he purchased them, they're Sugoi. I remember that they were pricey, but it totally swears by them now.

http://www.sugoi.ca/consumer/product.aspx?sectionStyleID=6584&color=BLK

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I referred to my fiance as 'it'.

HE!!!!

My typing has totally gone to shite lately. Random words just pop up all the time.

Anonymous said...

Cruising for girls with Iron Maiden on the stereo and a cooler of beer in the back seat? Tell me, What was the name of the Trailer Park?

Anonymous said...

I've found some extremely strange librarians on the internet. My vision is forever destroyed.

Anonymous said...

Hey fish, Leaf says that you just need a little patch. Are you going to take that from her? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what's worse? The bad visual of your frozen nutsack or all that spandex the hair bands used to wear.

Damn, I'm really stuck on this one...

Anonymous said...

Now gentlemen..... what I should have said is "special patch".

I'm not into insulting people's special bits...

Really, I'm not.

Anonymous said...

Leafy Girl. We all know that you meant big patch.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. If Sugoi made XXXL, I'm sure you'd need those ones.