Monday, May 01, 2006

Photojunkie

I have been absent from the Blogosphere for a few days. I can't really say why, other than to say that perhaps I was afflicted with some sort of blogging malaise, or blogging indifference, or blogging boredom, or blogging fatigue. You get the idea.

On Saturday, I checked out the opening of Toronto Squared, a photography exhibit by Rannie Turingan (aka Photojunkie). It runs until June 6th at Le Petit Dejeuner, 191 King Street East, Toronto. Of course, I did not know anyone there, but then I found out afterwards that two of my Flickr contacts were there - I just did not recognize them. Also, the Accordion Guy was there, but I don't know him either. And, I got an email today from someone else who was there. We sort of cyber-know each other but we had never met in person.

I spoke with Rannie for about 5 seconds. We had never met before. I am considering passing along the URL for my photoblog. If that happens, my anonymity is completely blown.

So, I guess I will start posting again. Coming up: Trapped in the Women's Washroom: A True Story.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at that exhibit, talked to Rannie and a few others there, although I didn't know anyone. I had fun but didn't stay long. I saw later that Accordion Guy was there, I would have liked to have met him in person.

This Thursday night I'm going to another exhibit at 52 St. Lawrence St. Studios with idiotonastick - you should go too. Check it out at http://www.fotografiklee.com/gallery/1358062 - I actually know him.

Kyahgirl said...

nice to 'see' you again.

sometimes a break is all that's needed. if your readers go away just because you're not here for a few days, that doesn't say much for their loyalty does it? do what feels good for you.

I know sometimes I feel pressured...like if I don't post, people will stop coming by. But really, its all about finding the balance.

glad you had fun and looking forward to more photos and such :-)

running42k said...

"my anonymity is completely blown." It already is with me. Email me the link to your photo blog. I would love to see it. So would my wife, the photographer in the family.

hemlock said...

I've been wondering if you fell off the blog planet. Nice to see you back.

As for blowing your anonymity... that's certainly a choice. ME? I'm considering doing a whole revamp to push my blog further underground...

All these choices.

rannie said...

HA...

I think I talked to everyone for 5 seconds...

It seems i should have had name tags for everyone

zydeco fish said...

jackson, I'd love to go, but I have a previous engagement. Such bad luck.

Super Happy Jen said...

Trapped in the women's washroom? Interesting. Usually there's a lineup just to get in, are you sure you weren't hiding so you wouldn't have to wait in line again? (Even I have been known to use the men's from time to time)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. It is hard some days it is like no no no not today.
Soundslike a good weekend. I have a a private sortof iview photoblog where mystuff is kept and it would also ruin my privacy to link it so I never have.
Can't wait for the story.

liverless said...

i had blogophobia for 5 months. its the disease of not wanting to write in your blog for fear of someone reading it. i've learned now that you don't tell your friends about your blog because if you do they will start reading it. and then worlds collide and you can't write anymore.