Thursday, April 05, 2007

Easter

Easter reminds me that my parents were failures in some aspects of child-rearing. When I realized that the Easter Bunny did not exist - I have no idea how old I was - I suggested that my parents hide our Easter goodies so that we could have an old fashioned Easter Egg Hunt, something I had never experienced. Normally, our eggs and other chocolate paraphernalia were piled into a basket and placed at our reserved eating spaces at the kitchen table.

In response to my suggestion, my parents (obviously having no idea what an Easter Egg Hunt was all about) simply placed the baskets under our beds. I looked under my bed, and there it was: my Easter basket. My siblings found their baskets under their beds too. So much for that.

Later, I wondered if it was all about equity. What if one child found more eggs than the others? What then? Maybe they were just too lazy to hide the bloody things.

2005's Easter post was much better.

My week off is almost over.

Technorati Tags: ,

3 comments:

tweetey30 said...

ZF Dont feel bad. My mom and dad would put all my chocolate on the doors to the cabinets in the kitchen and then my basket would be in one also. Not to hard to find. But being an only child they didnt have much of an imagination.

Now with my own two I think I have bought K our oldest one Easter basket since we had her and my parents were here for that one. I told my mom to wait until J and I got up to hide it and let K look for it but my mom didnt listen of course so I got no pix of K lookig for her jelly beans we bought that year or the look on her face when she found her Easter Basket. I was totally pissed off.

This year we are going to buy both girls a Basket. The only thing is that J was brought up till he was 13 a Jahova Witness and he doesnt believe in the Bunny so our girls know already there is no Easter bunny but he they know what he represents. Same thing with Santa. I know it sounds sad to have them not believe but at least they know what each thing represents.

Well interesting post. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your week.

hannah said...

i have heard horror stories of hard boiled eggs being hidden and not found until they rotted.
perhaps this caution was a good idea...

tweetey30 said...

Hope you had a good Easter with family and friends.