Thursday, March 24, 2005

Easter Bunnies

If you are thinking of purchasing a cute little bunny for Easter - for you or someone close to you -please heed this dire warning from the House Rabbit Society. They say that Easter and Bunnies Don't Mix. They write: "The exuberance of even the gentlest toddler is stressful for the sensitive rabbit." They add that there are many abandoned rabbits after Easter. And I thought that they were worried that all of those cute little bunnies were going to be turned into Easter dinner.

So, just in case you come into possession of a cute little bunny and you can't be bothered caring for it (or you get tired of it) here are some rabbit recipe sites:

1) Rabbit Recipes
2) A Terrific Collection of Rabbit Recipes
3) Rabbit Recipes (from Rabbit Hunting Online)

Or, click here to Google it.

I wonder if the food bank would take an unloved bunny? Really, I am not that cruel :-) Happy Easter, if you celebrate such things.

Technorati tags: , ,

6 comments:

mister anchovy said...

I've never cooked rabbit, and I'm not sure if I've eaten rabbit either. However, I do use the hair from the feet of snowshoe hares to tie a trout fly called a Usual. This is an emerger pattern that sits low in the surface film of the water. The hair is for the wings.

Super Happy Jen said...

Two years ago, on Easter Sunday, my dog found a nest of baby rabbits in our yard and ate them. She ran around the yard with naked pink bunny legs hanging from her mouth and an evil look in her eye. Terrier Terror.

zydeco fish said...

That reminds me that a neighborhood cat left a decapitated rabbit in my dad's caboose, and by caboose I mean his snowmobile trailer.

Anonymous said...

Hee. Your dad likes Celine Dion and also owns a snowmobile? I'm not quite sure why, but I find this incongruous at best...

zydeco fish said...

I should have said that he used to have a snowmobile. That was years ago, when he was a younger and more active man. Oh, and I should also add that I have eaten rabbit at least twice. It's over-rated.

zydeco fish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.