Friday, January 26, 2007

Switched

Well, for better or worse, I just switched to the new version of Blogger, after weeks of Blogger telling me that I cannot switch. It is finally done. Later, I will apply a new template and mess around with all of the much-promised features, like labels.

I am not sure if I should abandon Technorati tags or keep them. Technorati tags are not very user-friendly, but they have some benefits.

I already have two positive things to report. The Blogger spellchecker finally includes the words blog, blogs, and blogging. It's about effing time. And, I no longer have to pass through word verification when commenting on my own blog. If you ask me, we ought to be able to make a "trusted list" of users who we will let skip the word verification step. I trust a few of you.

Have a great weekend.

Technorati Tags:

12 comments:

Kimberley said...

I hate blogger right now!

I HATE YOU, YOU EFFING MACHINE!

ShellyS said...

Oh, that's a good idea about a trusted list. You should suggest it to them and I'm going to do it to. There's a form somewhere in the Help area.

Anna May Won't said...

i like that trusted list idea too. word verification can be a pain in the ass. sometimes i have a hard time deciphering the letters - does that mean i'm part machine?

zydeco fish said...

shelly: I just filled out the form and sent it off. Now, we wait.

anna may won't: it could mean that. scary thought though.

mister anchovy said...

blogger forced me to switch this morning...so far so good. I like the trusted list idea quite a bit. I bet they can do that too. Thinking about trying the tool to mess with my template too....maybe on the weekend.

Anonymous said...

my thoughts are escape to wordpress while you can, it's a much better platform and seriously no one has to write letters in order to post in your blog because the spam catcher it very good.

Honestly no one should have to word verify to post in a blog, at least at wordpress if you really are worried about it you can have people sign up for your blog which takes care of that problem.

Super Happy Jen said...

I switched a while ago. The only thing I don't like is my login for gmail, which I now have to use, is longer to type than superhappyjen, and for some reason blogger no longer wants to "remember me".

Anonymous said...

Hope I'm one of the trusted ones! ;)

OK, maybe I'll see if I can switch too! A girl can dream...

tshsmom said...

I'm not switching until I have to, which I'm sure will be any day now. :(

tweetey30 said...

I agree with Tshsmom.I really dont want to switch until I absolutely have to. I had a hard time figuring this out in the first place. Esp downloading pix from Picasa. I am not very computer or interenet good. I know how to turn one on and go where I need to go but not much else. Hubby is better at it than me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on porting everything over.

I don't use blogger, but a trusted list is a good idea. (Wordpress does this, in a sense...once a commenter has had a comment approved, their words are no longer held in queue.)

tshsmom said...

Tweets, you're already on the "new" blogger.