Friday, February 09, 2007

Cockroach Dreams

Help. I've been dreaming about cockroaches, again. The first time, they were somehow crossed with spiders. This time, I had a dream in which I was swimming in some sort of indoor stream. It was refreshing and cool with gentle flowing parts. I remember coming up for air and seeing a dying roach flailing in the water just inches from my face. I tried to swim away from it, but it just kept getting closer, seemingly drawn by the current. Worried that I would end up swallowing it, I back peddled, but it did no good. Oddly, I was quite relieved when I realized that I had swallowed it, because it meant that I no longer had to fight to get away from it.

I looked up what it means to dream about cockroaches. From Dream Moods:

"To see cockroaches in your dream, signifies your need for renewal, rejuvenation and self-cleansing of your psychological, emotional, or spiritual being. You need to reevaluate major aspects of your life."

Or:

"To see roaches in your dream, represents an undesirable aspect of yourself in which you need to confront. Alternatively, it may be a pun for smoking marijuana. On a positive note, roaches may also be symbolic of tenacity and longevity."

I'll go with tenacity and longevity. Another site suggested something about finances. I have yet to find an interpretation about eating a cockroach. Maybe I was just hungry?

P.S. You can thank me for not posting a photo of a roach.

Listening to: silence

Technorati Tags: ,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you need to accept that cockroaches are an inevitable part of life in the big city...

Anonymous said...

I keep dreaming that my teeth are either crumbling or falling out. There are a lot of interpretations for this,apparently, and most of the interpretations are discouraging. However, I suspect the one about feeling powerless fits best just now.

I'm not sure what's more horrifying -- the crumbling teeth dream or the cockroach one?

(Good lord, could the verification word get any longer?)

Critical Darling said...

You post about dreams, I post about dreams...it's like we're psychically connected.

running42k said...

I read a book to the kids last night about cockroaches that spelt out "Clean your room". Perhaps it is somehow related.

Anonymous said...

k,

A friend had persistent dreams about her teeth falling out, and when she inquired, was told that it means you're concerned about money or finances...

or so they say...

zydeco fish said...

Anon: I used to live with roaches, but not anymore.

k: I've heard the money explanation for teeth as well.

critical darling: could be :-)

r42k: I am not sure.

Anna May Won't said...

i used to have the teeth falling out dream a lot too.

last night i dreamed that i was flying on a jet plane from las vegas back to new york, and david duchovny of x-files fame was my seatmate. wonder what *that* means.

zydeco fish said...

anna may won't: i think that's pretty clear :-)

Super Happy Jen said...

If you used to live with roaches but don't anymore, maybe they're a symbol of your past. Is your checkered past finally catching up with you?

Or perhaps it is a metaphor for smoking marijauna.

Anonymous said...

I just woke up from a dream that i was eating cockroaches.. swallowing them ... somebody in my dream was telling me that it wouldnt come out because if u do acid ... ur stomach never cleans out completely.. i have no idea ... What this could mean ... i did the same thing .. went to dream moods but i dont know ... i have no clue if the acid part is true or not ...and as far as marijuana is concerned i quit marijuana 4 days ago ... Its 5:00 in the morning .. right now... im going back to sleep .. hope i have a better dream this time ...

zydeco fish said...

I hope you had better dreams after that.

Love psychic readings said...

Might mean your very sensitive to personal hygiene.

Love psychic readings arthemismax

Accurate psychic said...

You have to accept that dreams are a part of our thoughts, as they are created by our own minds. Yes, there are a lot of interpretations, but I believe that the real interpretation is based upon your own. :)

Accurate psychic

Anonymous said...

last night..i dreamt of cockroaches and bees flying and spinning all around me..its like being in a black hole made of cockroaches and bees...at the end I start eating cockroaches and even swallowing cockroaches eggs..........

Unknown said...

My daughter dream that her father gave me cockroaches to eat. What does it mean?

Anonymous said...

My daughter dream that my husband gave me cockroaches to eat. Does it mean bad?