Monday, February 19, 2007

Zoolander

Let's leave the issue of plagiarism aside - just for the moment - and concentrate on the film itself. Zoolander sucks. It stinks. It's boring. I'll never get that 89 minutes back. I am thinking of suing the bastards.

I recall that a vague chuckle emanated from my throat once, but it was decidedly less than hearty. I was completely and utterly bored, but I persisted, assuming that it would get funny soon. It never did. Stupid stupid stupid film.

OK, so maybe I am some sort of statistical outlier, but I really do not think that this is a funny film. I should point out that I enjoy films with dimwits as much as the next guy. For example, I usually like watching Hugh Grant films. Owen Wilson is usually good for a laugh too, but not this time. I'd even go as far as to say that any film with that Adam Sandler is probably better.

Apparently, Bret Easton Ellis has claimed that the film was plagiarized from one of his novels and that he reached an out-of-court settlement. Who knows if this is true?

Perhaps this is a love it or hate it film. I hate it.

Technorati Tags: ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the word cow is in your word verification!

Yikes, you need to go to your happy place for awhile...

zydeco fish said...

Holy cow!

What if I do not have a happy place?

Critical Darling said...

I beg to differ. I get if you don't like Zoolander, but come on now...Adam Sandler is just horrible.

zydeco fish said...

Well, you may be right about that. In truth, I have never seen a Sandler flick.

mister anchovy said...

I read a Bret Easton Ellis novel once but I can't remember the name of it or what it was about, but I think it was more or less OK.....wait, um, I think there was an artist colony or something like that and some guy who escaped from a ship.....................

Anonymous said...

I loved Zoolander. It's not a movie I would have rented but I was stuck on a bus with a load of teenagers after a school trip. It makes me laugh to think that you hated it so much.