Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Monday

According to Wikipedia, which is occasionally wrong, "Easter Monday is an official holiday in the following countries:" The list that follows includes Canada. Wrong again, Wikipedia. I am at work today, right now on Easter Monday. Banks, the government, and schools observe Easter Monday as a holiday, but the vast majority of people in Canada have to work.

It's terribly sad, I know, and I would much prefer to be at home, shoveling what I hope is the last snow of the winter.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the UK both Good Friday and Easter Monday are observed as Bank Holidays and everything shuts down. Well. Not the shops, but most everything.

But me? I worked Friday and I'm back this morning. Blech.

zydeco fish said...

Blech indeed.

tweetey30 said...

I remember being a kid and getting Easter Monday off and the Calendars are saying today is Easter Monday in Canada also... Hope you and your family had a good Easter.

running42k said...

This is the pay back for them working Family Day.

Kate said...

It's not an official holiday here in the USA, but I do have the day off. Everyone else is back to work today and I'm back tomorrow. I've enjoyed being a lady of leisure for the past week (Spring Break). It's actually spring now, complete with drifting pollen that has settled into my lungs.

If it makes you feel better, we have to go to school through all the federal holidays except Labor Day and Memorial Day (unless we have an "inclement weather" aka flood day).

ShellyS said...

Sorry about the snow. Just don't send it down here. ;)

Jay said...

It better be the last of it!
I worked today too.
Or, what I refer to as work anyway.