Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hard Hat Zone

No, this is not a post about Thinkman.

Moments ago, I popped a hard hat on my head and went up to investigate the recent renovations and to select my new office. I had a choice of two offices, both roomy but lacking windows. I will have to give up my windowed office with lots of natural light pouring in, for a equally nice office illuminated by artificial light. In my current office, I rarely have to switch on the lights, which I like very much.

I regret not taking my camera along and getting a photo of me in a hard hat. I think I looked good and it made me wonder if I had made a wrong carer choice along the way. I think I'd rock the hard hat, tool belt, work boot look. Plus, when you are in that uniform, you get to whistle at the ladies with no reprisals. It's expected behaviour.

Of course, I'd probably have a stupid nickname, but that is good news to me, 'cause I've never really had a good nickname, except for Zydeco Fish, but few people in my real life know about this blog and so no one calls me that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, the Village People's "Macho Man" is running through my head...

Kate said...

Hard hat good. Cave room not so good. I am begging the classroom gods to assign me one next year with windows. I need to see the sun!

Here's something funny--my man is an oil man, he works in the office with the computers and the software and then... he goes out on the rigs, etc. When I first met him he had this pair of dark blue coveralls with his name on a patch. Oh yeah. And I got a little flustered. I knew then that I was a goner. I didn't admit that to him until much later.

zydeco fish said...

k - Oh, man, I really have the Village People...

kate - interesting story. I just had a vision of There Will be Blood.

Maia said...

OK, if you ever choose to go into construction, can you please promise to wear a shirt with ripped off arms? Just make sure that the arm holes aren't too big, OK?

'K thanks!...

zydeco fish said...

OK. I will keep that in mind, but I make no promises.

Kate said...

ZF- Of course we went to see that movie. All of the accidents freaked me out. Ryan said he was impressed by how authentic all of the drilling was. To the point that he wasn't sure how they filmed it.