Monday, September 15, 2008

Piles and Piles of Files

Right now, I am digging through boxes of 'files' and dumping most of it in the garbage and a recycling bin. It makes me wonder what's wrong with people. Why would someone think that I would need printouts of email sent in 1991 relating to my current area of responsibility? It is useless. I took over the subject liaison from another librarian, and she decided that it would be a good idea to unload copious amounts of crap on me rather than dealing with it herself.

I am on box number 3 or 4 and 95% of it is junk. The other 5% I see no use for, but she seems to think we should keep it. In other words, it can stay in my office, where no one will ever look at it. Here's an example of what's in the current box: twenty-one 5¼ inch floppy disks! Jesus!

In the past, I have had the displeasure of moving into an office vacated by a certain person. She left piles of junk behind that I had to dispose of. Talk about a complete disregard for others.

In other news, I bought a new bike helmet on Sunday.

2 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Sounds like fun.. Hope it ends soon for you..

tshsmom said...

It's amazing how moving tends to force us to purge the clutter.

If anyone ever misses the stuff you're throwing out, just say, "It must have got lost in the move back in '08.". ;)