Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Random Thoughts

1) Why does everyone say Farve when his name is Favre? Of course, this is simply metathesis, or the alteration of the order of phonemes, but it irritates me.

2) I think Stephen Harper has a crush on John McCain. Not long after McCain wore his "gay sweater", Stephen Harper popped up on TV wearing a powder blue knit garment. Sure, the sweater might be a way to sell one's wight wing agendas (rich old white men look all nice and warm and cozy and harmless), but I think there is a deeper meaning - much deeper.

3) Megan Fox, who starred in Transformers (no, I haven't seen it), revealed that she once fell in love with a female stripper. Big deal. Who hasn't? I love her quote:
I could see myself in a relationship with a girl -- Olivia Wilde is so sexy she makes me want to strangle a mountain ox with my bare hands. She's mesmerizing. And lately I've been obsessed with Jenna Jameson, but ... oh boy.
4) Mohammed Bello Masaba, age 84, has been arrested in Nigeria for having 86 wives. Apparently, Muslim law limits the number a wives a man can have to 4. What a selfish bastard. He ought to leave a few ladies for his fellow countrymen.

11 comments:

running42k said...

86 wives and still not getting enough!

zydeco fish said...

He must be extremely potent.

A said...

Oh my gosh! John McCain has a "gay sweater?" I must see this. Does it make him look like Mr. Rogers?

A said...

Oh, and I haven't fallen in love with a female stripper. They're nasty up here.

tweetey30 said...

You know ZF I always questioned Favres name too but havent gotten a satisfactory answer myself and I live in WI..

zydeco fish said...

Alex: McCain himself referred to the sweater as gay. I had to laugh at that. Poor man. Sorry to hear that you haven't fallen for a female stripper :-)

tweetey: now you have an answer.

Liz said...

See, improper ownership of women is always what gets men in trouble. Like the polygamous sect. Society doesn't usually mind men owning women, but when one man tries to own too many, society turns on him.

Super Happy Jen said...

At least he should only have one wife for every birthday. So, only 84, until he turns 85.

And why haven't you seen transformers? As a child of the 80s, I consider this high art.

zydeco fish said...

I'll put transformers on my list, if you insist.

Deodand said...

I'm with you on #1. I always used to say it like a French person would do. It took me a while to associate the guy's spoken name with his image because of the metathesis.

Kate said...

To ask the obvious (dumb) question, how does Mr. Favrvrve pronounce his name?

It took me a while to connect the written name and what I heard on TV, but I'm not a huge fan of professional football.