Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Cheap DVDs

OK, so I was shopping in Walmart for camping stuff a while back and I stumbled on the video section. Man, do they have some cheap DVDs. How does $1.88 sound? It sounded too good to be true, but I bought some anyway. The results were mixed. On the positive side, I got a copy of Kansas City Confidential. This is a surprisingly good film. I faired less well on some others.

Abraxas is a terrible movie, so bad that I did not get past the five minute mark. Oddly, there are some positive reviews of this mess of a movie out there. I should have known. After all, it stars Jesse Ventura! I had hoped for a good scifi flick. Instead, I got a terrible, unwatchable piece of junk. I'd be happy to give this away for the cost of postage.

Honor Thy Father is based on a novel by Gay Talese. That, and the fact that it is a mob film, seemed to suggest that it would be good. The film has aged badly. It gets good reviews, but I found it difficult to watch. Maybe I will watch the rest some other time.

The best thing about Crash of the Moons is the theme song, which utilizes a Theremin. The movie is really three episodes of Rocky Jones, Space Ranger.

I found the camping equipment too.

Tags: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind me to tell you about the knitted theramin sometime...
katherine | 08.12.04 - 5:09 pm

zydeco fish said...

you mean knitted from wool? sounds hard to believe.
zf | 08.17.04 - 8:40 am