Tuesday, October 26, 2004

This is why I read the newspaper. Just yesterday's, I read that 65 million guinea pigs are consumed annually in Peru. Not only that, some Peruvian Scientists have bred a super guinea pig that weighs twice as much (and that means they only weigh one pound). They hope that other nations will accept these furry creatures as a new dish. I figure if you eat meat (and I do, after several years as a vegetarian) then anything goes. I really can't see stuffed guinea pig on any menus in Toronto anytime soon. You never know, they could be tasty little guys.

I am not sure what happened, but I have received a flood of Rolex spam. This is no exaggeration: I have received between five and six Rolex ads in my email box every day for the past week, and they are all from different addresses. If I really wanted a Rolex, I think I would buy from a reputable dealer. And, anyway, even if I were fabulously wealthy, I would never buy a Rolex.

Today is the day that the new Leonard Cohen CD comes out. I'll have to run out an get it at lunch.

I have no plans to attend any Hallowe'en parties. I never know what to wear. I guess I have yet to find my perfect costume. I have tried, over the years, a pirate (complete with puffy shirt), dracula, etc. Nothing seems to work. I am happy to entertain suggestions.

Tags: ,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm a big believer in hallowe'en costumes which are not a lot of work, and which require no money spent on the occasion.

I say you should go as a beatnik-poet - you have a lot of black in your wardrobe already, as well as some dark, brooding tendencies, so all you would need is a clip-on ponytail, a beret, and a copy of Howl to complete the outfit. i say go for it!

CMF

zydeco fish said...

wow, and i thought you were going to suggest that i dress as the comicbookguy from the Simpsons.

zydeco fish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i like to stray from the obvious...