Thursday, February 10, 2005

Clearly, no one cares about Star Trek. Or, at least, that is what someone just told me. So, move on, I must.

Somehow, I ended up in a conversation about underwear today. And, it reminded me of a story I read earlier today. Virginia (the state, not the girl) has passed a law that authorizes fines for anyone wearing droopy pants. If your underwear is showing, you can get a $50 fine. This begs lots of questions, but mostly, I have to wonder why the United States is so puritanical? My second question is: are they targeting teenagers or plumbers? If plumbers, then I am with them. If teenagers, then I am opposed. We don't need to alienate the youth more than they already are.

And, get this: an Oklahoma judge has been forced to retire after he was found masturbating on the bench during proceedings. Evidently, he was using some sort of penis pump (on many occasions), which made a whooshing sound. Charges are pending. OK, so I know that legal types are weird and probably under-sexed, but can court really be that exciting? I have served as a juror, and let me tell you that I found the environment to be less than stimulating. Maybe that was it: maybe he was just bored.

Technorati tags: , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are correct re: Star Trek. let it go, and move on with your life.

As for underwear, they should be happy that kids are wearing them at all...

So, it was this strange whoosing sound which gave it away, and not his moaning, groaning, strange facial expressions or his sudden outbursts of "oh my god! oh my god!" that tipped people off?

Masturbation at one's place of business...imagine that...

zydeco fish said...

Hi anonymous. The article I read didn't give details of how he was caught, but it made me think that there might be others indulging in other under-the-robe activities. You might be able to fit a whole person under there, for all we know. Who knows, this could be commonplace? As for masturbation at work, I am obstaining, as I think the swooshing noise would give me away ;-)

Anonymous said...

i think you meant to say abstaining... :P

zydeco fish said...

and i even re-read that post twice. damn.

Anonymous said...

no matter...Freudian slips happen to us all...