Friday, March 30, 2007

A Reply to kate from Budgewoi, NSW

I was going to post this in a comment on the original post, but I decided to put it here instead.

kate from Budgewoi NSW wrote:

"Will silly americans ever get it right..."

I am not American! Had Vest or you bothered to read my site or its subtitle, you both would have learned that, plus a whole lot more, but maybe you don't know where Toronto is?

"vest is a master at spoof, harmless as a kitten,..."

A master of spoof? If you think his homophobic insults are spoof, you are as bad as he is. If he had read my blog, he would have learned that I am a nice guy, not to mention the fact that I am not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that), but that wouldn't matter to him anyway. If he hates you, the worst insult he can think of is to accuse you of being gay. That says enough to me about him.

Prejudice has no place in civilized society. He is uncivilized and certainly not harmless. He might as well put on the KKK uniform. His views are out-of-date, hurtful, and opposed to fundamental human rights.

He can't have it both ways. If he wants to throw insults at me and my readers, he should be a man and use his real name (whatever that is) or his blogger name with a link back to his blog, and not hide behind a myriad of pseudonyms.

"...it was he who was goaded initially but few of you are unaware of it..."

What do you mean by "few of you"? Do you mean bloggers? Do you mean Americans? I have never once goaded him. He came to my blog uninvited and acted like a school yard bully. The fact is, Vest and I share similar heritages, but, since his plan of action is to insult, and not to be informed, he never learned that. And, I assume you meant, few of you are aware of it.

Let him retaliate. What's he going to do, call me a faggot, again? It's very tiring and predictable.

"like you hateful people are doing right now."

Vest is the hateful one. He's the one calling people faggots and cock suckers, not me. By defending him, you are as bad as he is. Why do you think I am hateful? I can't defend myself? I asked him several times not to comment on my blog, but he just couldn't help himself. I kept deleting and deleting. He left over 80 comments on one post on another blog.

"I know the guy, you only think you do and wished you could."

Maybe. I am a student of history, and have a graduate degree in history. I have studied war, and wrote a thesis on foreign policy which focused heavily on some military conflicts. When I read about his role in the Royal British Navy on his blog, I was intrigued. The fact is, if he had engaged in web 2.0 discourse like a civilized person, we might have gotten along. But, why would I want to know a bigot?

"ps. Is it a privilege americans have , and that is strike down or bully and not expect retalliation?"

I am not American. You meant retaliation, not retalliation, right? Bully? You are defending the biggest blog bully I have ever had the misfortune to encounter! I think you are also referring to the American Government and the American Military. Trust me, I am not fan of American foreign policy, and, I think that the war in Iraq is obscene. If you or he had read my blog... but I have already said that.

"I feel so sad for you"

Don't. I feel sad for you that are you defending a racist, a homophobe, a sexist, and someone who clearly has no idea what he fought for in WWII.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

26 comments:

Liz said...

Maybe she thought you meant you're from Toronto, Ohio!

Oh, and you are a North American! I'm all for this idea of a united North America, so let's ALL be Americans.

zydeco fish said...

You'd have to get rid of George W before that idea would ever fly. Maybe I should add Ontario, Canada to the subtitle.

hannah said...

toronto? i love canadians!!!
perhaps it would be less damaging to your blood pressure to ignore the jackass.
or maybe this helps the stress, either way, good luck with that, and try some deep breathing.

zydeco fish said...

Cool. We rock. I ignored him and he wouldn't go away. It's good to vent sometimes :-0 I'll return to being my happy friendly self very soon.

Kate said...

Good grief. I guess I missed the part where some dude in Australia started to be annoyed by you all the way up there in the northern US state of Ontario. I know that my countrymen have done lots to anger the world and they're right to think that, but it does get a little old that every single one of us is lumped into that. I'm not stupid, mean, or bully-like and I strongly oppose my country acting in that way. Oh, and I know where both Ontario and NSW are. In fact, I've been to both, even though I am a tobacco-chewing, steer-roping Texan.

I also want to hold hands and all be Americans, all of us here on this fabulous continent. 22 more months of GW. Counting them down...

zydeco fish said...

"tobacco-chewing, steer-roping"

Fantastic. Must be an interesting sight :-)

tweetey30 said...

ZF I am sorry to hear we made you upset about this. He is a bully and he has made some unconditional comments on our friend's blog. I do not like him very well. I mean I am not politcal or anything like that and I do enjoy history but I dont like to be cut down as much as he has done to us. You are right that if he needs to cut people down he should use his real name and link us all to his blog where we can tell him off to his blog face or just shut up. I am sorry you got in the middle of this guys way. I hope he leaves you alone soon. Tweets.

zydeco fish said...

Oh, and by the way, the possibility that Mr. Spencer is masquerading as kate from Budgewoi, NSW has occurred to me.

Thanks, Tweety, I hope he does soon too.

Liz said...

I'd be happy to get rid of George W. I tried ...

Anonymous said...

ZF: Well said.

What continues to offend me, is that people are defending this guy. Hate grows deep. It's sad.

tshsmom said...

Facebook, don't be too offended. I agree with ZF. I, too, think that Kate and the others, who are defending the troll, are Vest. He constantly converses with these pretend friends on his blog.

ZF, Vest obviously never reads our posts, or he wouldn't constantly accuse me of being unemployable. What part of "I've been working 6 days a week all winter" doesn't he get?!
Sorry, but he lumps all of us together as "N ams" (North Americans). Like Kate says, just because we live here, doesn't mean we support Bush. I've been against this war from the start!
Like you said, if he'd bother to read our posts, he'd know this. He just jumps to the comment section to make an ass of himself.

running42k said...

Holy shit, this thing is getting out of control. I can personally vouch that zydeco fish is a nice guy and not gay, (again, not that there is anything wrong with that) unless he has switched sides in the last twenty years.

zydeco fish said...

Maybe I should switch sides, just to piss him off even more.

tshsmom said...

ZF, switching sides would only piss your wife off! ;)
Remember: your wife lives in OUR hemisphere; Vest doesn't.

r42k, I haven't personally met ZF, as you have, but I think he's a nice guy too!

tweetey30 said...

I agree dont switch sides please. You have wife and family from what I have learned so you really dont want them mad at you. And from what I have learned you are a very nice fellow blogger.LOL..

Critical Darling said...

Well, this is interesting. I hardly know what to say ZF. I'm appalled that anyone would defend this guy--he's sort of asking for it, and personally, I would have no problem pulling out the big C word, regardless of whether he's "egging you on" or not (I won't do it here though; it is after all, your blog). I don't think you have to justify your actions to any of these people. The degree of vanity and self-absorption I see on most blogs is symptomatic of the medium--people vent and complain and talk about the way things make them feel because that's what blogs are for! It's therefore ironic that the cost of your complaint against Vest is a lovely collection of pretentious and self-righteous comments about how you should have conducted yourself. It is good to vent sometimes, and I think it's better to do it here than to your family and friends. And this is, after all, your blog.

Anonymous said...

We have a fart arse of a place called Toronto here in NSW Oz. Its 40 klits up the road a bit.

zydeco fish said...

You see what I mean? This is not kate, this is the troll. His blog is full of conversations with imaginary friends. ALL of the posts on his blog are anon, or from aliases, with no links back to any blog. His has made an infranty of imaginary friends. So, he might well be schizophrenic.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zydeco fish said...

Three comments above from John Leonard Spencer, the Troll (AKA Leslie John Bowyer or Christopher Leslie Bowyer or Les Bowyer - in other words Vest)deleted for insulting content.

Vest said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vest said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zydeco fish said...

I deleted the two above unwelcome comments from John Leonard Spencer (aka Leslie John Bowyer or Christopher Leslie Bowyer or Les Bowyer - in other words Vest), from New South Wales, Australia.

Vest said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.