Monday, August 11, 2008

Je suis à Québec

Hey, there is free wireless here, even during the conference sessions. This could be very dangerous.

The train trip was fine, and went fast, partly because I was travelling with three colleagues, one of whom brought about three pounds of red radishes as a snack. I am not sure about you, but radishes are way down my list of good train snacks. I won't bore you with a list of the pounds of food I carted along with me, but I remember looking at those radishes as I bit into a nice hunk of dark chocolate and felt sorry for her husband, who vocally pondered the necessity of taking red radishes on a train. Poor man.

7 comments:

Super Happy Jen said...

Mon mari aime les radis, mais même lui mange-les seulement dans une salade. C'est un drole de gouter pour un voyage.

zydeco fish said...

D'accord.

Kate said...

I like them on salads, but not plain. On a train.

Traveling must be an extra challenge for you. My best friend's mom & sis have celiac disease and I'm impressed with how they've adapted, especially outside of their houses where they can control everything food-wise.

Bridget Jones said...

I bet he secretly coveted your radishes.

tweetey30 said...

NO Radishes here. Yuckie. Anything but...

running42k said...

Radishes? Are you traveling with Russians?

Jay said...

Radishes?
Hm. Yes, very weird.