Saturday, December 31, 2005

Best of Zydeco Fish, 2005

I seem to have the flu or something like it, so I did this quickly. You may disagree with my choices.

(read best of 2004; 2003)

1) Easter Bunnies - notes on Easter and some recipes
2) Happy St. Patrick's Day - imperialism and song
3) "Gorgeous hair is the best revenge" - all about hair - I am not sure why I like this one
4) Portrait of my Brother as a Young Man - the early life of my estranged brother
5) Portrait of my Other Brother as a Young Man - the early life of my other estranged brother
6) 12 Random Facts about my Grandmother - yes, she does re-use toilet paper
7) "You've Got a Nice Box" - shopping and old people
8) George W. Bush and the Decline of America - a political rant against Bush & Co.
9) Troublesome Turd (a true story) - my sister's big poo

Happy New Year to all of you.

Technorati Tags: , ,

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Poo story had me rolling on the floor...glad it ranked up there with you, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey... that big poo story is a classic!!!!

Happy New Year, Mr.Fish!

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree with 4,5,6, and 9. These are MY favorites.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Anonymous said...

happy new year to you.

Anonymous said...

I heard in the news that you probably have avian flu.

Anonymous said...

yeah these are good ones. I can't recall if they are the best or not. Nothing comes to mind as being the missing gem in your list, but being that it(the list) is so short you must have left out a lot of really great ones.

Anonymous said...

Oh I just thought of something. Why are there only nine? Isn't it conventional to have a "TOP TEN" list? Can you not think of one more?

Anonymous said...

It's a little scary to sum up your life like that.
Feel better.
Happy 2006.

Anonymous said...

good choices. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

ZF: I hope you feel much better soon! I'll read all of these during the course of the month. I'm starting with that reuse TP one, OMG!

Anonymous said...

(My comment behaved like an airhead and vanished, at least here.)
I hope you feel MUCH better soon! That's a wretched way to begin the New Year.

OMG, I'm starting with the "reuse TP" post. I've been enjoying reading your archives since discovering you.

Anonymous said...

Some of these are just too dangerously funny to be read just before bed. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

This was cool! Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Ok, enough with this flu cover. I crave some new fish.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Zydeco Fish. Hope you're fully recovered now.

Anonymous said...

hope you're feeling better

Anonymous said...

Are you still sick? No posts, no comments, no nothing.

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well in the land of the Fish.

I might have to take a trip down to fort book to put a face to a name if you keep the silence up.

Anonymous said...

Jen: Top ten lists are so yesterday. Top nine is far better.

I was sick, a bit, but it didn't last too long.